On behalf of employers, Bashen Corporation investigates Charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Fair Employment Practices Agencies (“FEPA”), and municipal agencies. Bashen also investigates Complaints of Discrimination filed against federal agencies. Bashen’s Investigative Services are designed to identify and assess pertinent issues, potential liabilities, viable strategies, and possible resolutions. Nalikah is integral to reducing the time and expense associated with conducting workplace investigations.
Bashen investigates claims filed internally by employees, contractors, and vendors, including complaints submitted via employee hotlines. Bashen conducts meticulous investigations, consults the employer, and recommends resolution strategies, when appropriate. Upon receiving an internal complaint.
Bashen drafts an Investigation plan that outlines the following investigative strategy:
- Determining the scope of the claim
- Identifying all critical issues of the claim
- Scheduling and conducting witness interviews
- Gathering and reviewing documentary and/or other statistical evidence
- Analyzing the merits of the claim
- Preparing an Internal Complaint Memorandum
- Consulting the employer during all critical stages of the claim
- Developing potential resolution strategies (when appropriate)
We investigate the following basis and issues:
- Harassment (Sexual & Non-Sexual)
- Race Discrimination & Harassment
- Color Discrimination & Harassment
- National Origin Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination & Harassment
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination & Harassment
- Reasonable Accommodation
- Sarbanes-Oxley (Whistleblower Claims)
- Same-Sex Harassment
- Sex Orientation Discrimination & Harassment
- Age Discrimination
- Equal Pay (EPA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Workers Compensation Reprisal
- Benefit Issues
- Length of Service
- Electronic Communications
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dress Code Violations
- Leave of Absence
- Constructive Discharge
- Improper Use of Company Resources
- Disclosure of Trade Secrets
- Discriminatory Compensation
- GINA (Title II)
effective technical capability
Operation Management Synthesis™
Based on 27 years of specialized investigative and consulting experience, including over 100,000 investigations conducted, Bashen developed and successfully deployed its Operation Management Synthesis (“OMS”). OMS has several purposes:
- Explains the mission.
- Builds unified teams.
- Establishes group understandings and expectations between the client and Bashen.
The clients that retain Bashen enjoy the following advantages:
- Special Investigators who possess a thorough understanding of MD110, 29CFR Part 1614, and all other EEO laws and Executive Orders including but not limited to Title VII, EPA, ADEA, sex discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, disability laws including GINA and ADAAA.
- Special Investigators versed in investigating Charges of Discrimination filed with the EEOC, state agencies, or municipal agencies. Special Investigators also draft cogent Position Statements, respond to Agency Requests for Information, and adeptly manage every aspect of the administrative charge process.
- A full-time professional EEO staff that is completely dedicated to an organization’s EEO compliance mission and strategies.
- The unique experience derived from investigating over 100,000 complaints in 27 years.
- A management team that possesses over 60 years of EEO compliance experience.